Furniture Care Tips from Experienced Professionals
- Avoid petroleum-based products, as they may damage the finish.
- Don’t put furniture in direct sunlight to avoid bleaching
- Commercial glass cleaners may damage brass and chrome
- Use felt discs or some other placer when putting hot objects (lamps) on table tops
- Remove any water from finished surfaces or decorative router lines
- Always lay table leaves flat when storing them. Standing them on edge can cause warping
- Maintain even humidity conditions in your home or office
- All wood grains will have a different level of absorbtion
- Try not to subject your wooden furniture to tilting or undue pressure
- Vacuum clean with soft brush attachments
- Be sure to remove dirt or dust that can cut threads
- Treat your upholstery with stain repellent to extend its life
- Blot spills clean on upholstery with a cloth or paper towel
- Turn and rotate all cushions, periodically
- If twisting occurs, unzip the cushions and pull fabric by hand
- When your cushion fades, turn it over and the fabric fibres will run in the opposite direction
Mattress Sleep Sets
- Ensure that your queen-sized mattress has cross supports and a center support to avoid sagging of the foundation
- Be sure to rotate your mattress every 2 weeks for the first 2-3 months for a longer, more comfortable mattress life
- Do not bend, fold, or stand on your mattress
- Always use a washable, stain-repellent mattress protector or pad cover
- Bedding warranties are used for defects in the workmanship or materials. At times, they can be pro-rated. This means that if your mattress and boxspring set needs work after the first year, the manufacturer will – ideally – replace it on a scaled rate.
For more helpful furniture tips, or to speak to one of our sales associates about the type of furniture you need, call Sutherland’s Furniture at 519-457-2139.